24 Westminster Avenue
Buffalo, New York 14215
Get Driving Directions
Principal Robert J. Ross
We keep students at the center of our efforts, providing flexible, leveled math instruction, access to rich children’s literature, iPads for grades K–2 and laptops for grades 3–8, advanced curriculum incorporating Common Core and next-generation science standards, Spanish and Algebra. A partnership with the University at Buffalo brings STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) to the classroom, and AmeriCorps team members are there to provide support in classrooms. Our day is extended by an hour to allow students exposure to Art, Music and Drama. Our after-school programs include science and technology clubs, chess, girls and boys basketball, wrestling, track, media, and cooking and yoga clubs, just to name a few. Over 60 percent of students are engaged in enriching clubs and experiences during the year.
Here’s a snapshot of what school at Westminster offers:
- Academics – Shaping young minds through thought provoking academics and dynamic educational technology.
- Technology and New Media – All students in K–2 receive iPads for use during the school-day; In 3rd–8th students use Google Chrome Books.
- Curriculum – Advanced curriculum incorporating Common Core and next generation Science standards, Spanish and Algebra.
- Arts and Music – Our school day is extended by an hour to allow students exposure to Art, Music and Drama.
- After-School Programs and Clubs – Our after-school programs include Science and Technology Clubs, Chess, Girls and Boys Basketball, Wrestling, Track, Media, Cooking and Yoga Clubs, among others.
- Special Partnerships – Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) partnership with UB and AmeriCorps team members are placed in classrooms. There is also a Kaleida Health Clinic, food is prepared from scratch by Chef Jason Mueckl and students have the use of a new 21st Century Media Center.