Highgate Heights Elementary (Buffalo Public School #80) is a PreK–8 school with 425 students. At Highgate, our community has one vision; ensuring that our students are successful, healthy and happy.
600 Highgate Avenue
Buffalo, New York 14215
Get Driving Directions
Principal Gayle Irving-White
Assistant Principals: Gregelle Fulcher & Candace Y. Young
At Highgate, teachers, administration, parents, and the community work together to provide an excellent education for our students. Creating a welcoming and inclusive learning environment where everyone succeeds together is paramount here.
"At Highgate, I learned how to take my education seriously. It really helped prepare me for my classes in high school." -Lamar Thomas, former Highgate Heights student
Highlights of school at Highgate Heights include:
- Academics – Our rigorous curriculum is challenging, with academic coaches and supports in place to ensure student success.
- School Culture – Our school culture supports student achievement and we align teachers, parents and the community to meet the needs of each student.
- Technology – The learning environment includes iPads for PreK–2 and laptops for grades 3–8.
- After-School Programs – We offer an After-school program with expanded learning opportunities.
- Activities/Clubs – Students have the opportunity to participate in enriching activities such as Technology Club, CEPA Gallery, Build a Bike and Cooking Club.
- Special Partnerships – Thanks to partnerships with M&T Bank and community organizations, students and families have opportunities to visit Buffalo’s cultural assets. A partnership with UB Dental offers students dental treatment and screenings, and Lions Club offers vision screening for students.